SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) is a huge thing for a website as this is what gets your site on the search engines and gets people and potential customers on to your website.
WordPress has a plugin which can help you with the SEO which can save you £100's if this is something you would like to do yourself although with any SEO work this may take a few months before you start seeing any change.
To get SEO installed into your WordPress website follow these instructions to get started;
- Login to WordPress
- Go to plugins located on the left hand side
- Go to Add New
- In the search bar located towards the top right type in "Yoast SEO"
- Yoast SEO will appears first in the list
- Click on Install
- Click on Activate
- Once activated SEO will appear on the menu on the bottom left.
- Click on this and go through the tabs at the top to customise the SEO settings you require for your website.
- SEO is now added for the whole site although it is recommended that is you have already had your website for a while and there is content on there then to go through every page and post and add your SEO content.
Adding SEO content to existing pages and posts is easy. Simply go to the page or post whilst still in the admin area and then scroll to the bottom of the page where the SEO section will be located.
Once you have added this information then the search engines will gradually start adding this information to their search database.
If you would like assistance or have any questions in regards to this then please contact a member of our team.